Tuesday, August 05, 2008

 

I live in GollyWood!!

So one Friday afternoon, last winter, in downtown Shreveport, I'm walking to "Just A Little Cafe" for a cup of gumbo and I come upon a road block with some policemen at the alley that I'm taking as a shortcut. I tell them I'm just going around the corner to the cafe and they let me pass. When I get to Marshall Street this is what I saw:
Photobucket

Photobucket

I know I keep seeing filming going on all around the city, but the absurdity of the scene, a meteor buried in our city street, cars and truck wreckage strewn about and a woman dressed in a blue fairy outfit...well, by golly....we're in GOLLYWOOD!!
So, I was equally amused when I started to check my MySpace and found the ad for "Disaster Movie". It's all downtown Shreveport. Ya gotta love it!!

I didn't see Ironman or the cow, but that's our downtown library on the left....
Photobucket
Didn't see Hulk, either, but again....our library:
Photobucket
...and here is Edwards Street in front of the CNB building(is it still CNB?)...
Photobucket
...this is the 400 block of Milam Street in front of the parking lot at the corner of Milam and Edwards, right down from Panos where I break daily bread...
Photobucket
...and finally, it comes as no surprise to find the caped crusader in front of our courthouse on Texas Street, in downtown Shreveport!!
Photobucket
Golly!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?